UL 217 & 268 Smoke Alarm Standards bring 250 new technological changes to traditional smoke detection. Meeting the new UL standards, the 2GIG Smoke Heat & Freeze Detector provides increased performance and better detection of smoke, including smoke from common synthetic materials found in home furnishings. These synthetic materials generally have a faster burn rate reducing escape time from an average of 17 minutes to 3-4 minutes (UL Press Release - February 2018).
Traditional smoke detectors trigger an alarm when any smoke density reached a specific level, which could have just been normal cooking events. The 2GIG Smoke Heat & Freeze Detector uses advanced algorithms and a sophisticated optical chamber to improve the detection of smoke particles created by some synthetic materials, separate from organic smoke associated with normal cooking events. The new technology is designed to trigger an alarm faster when synthetic smoke is detected versus smoke from cooking, adding to safety and peace of mind.
- Use the touch slider to control any dimmable light.
- Controls lights, smart bulbs, fans, music volume, Brilliant scenes, and more.
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Convenient in-wall control of Hue, LIFX, and more.
- Supports LED, CFL, halogen, and incandescent bulbs and works with dimmable lighting.
- Replaces one or multiple switches in a switch panel (Decora plate not included).
- Requires a Brilliant Control and neutral / ground wires.