Even if you've been washing your clothing without incident for years, the easiest way to do laundry is to avoid these frequent blunders. Learn how to do laundry correctly, from how to wash clothing to how to sort laundry.
- Don’t just sort lights and darks
- Don’t put detergent directly on your clothes
- Do not combine socks with clothing.
- Don't leave zippers open
- Do not leave dress shirts buttoned
- Don't skip the filter and hose when clearing the lint trap
- Do not scrub stains
- Don't wash items that should be dry cleaned
Source: Reader's Digest